Wrought iron French doors are a beautiful and timeless choice for entrances and doorways. The intricate designs and handcrafted details of wrought iron offer elegance and durability that stands the test of time.
A Brief History of Wrought Iron
Wrought iron work has been around for thousands of years, originating in the Middle East and spreading to Europe and later to the Americas. The term “wrought iron” refers to iron that has been hammered and worked manually by a blacksmith to give it a distinctive pattern. It requires a high level of skill to create delicate patterns and shapes from the malleable iron.
Wrought iron was commonly used in the Middle Ages to craft gates, balconies, candleholders and other decorative items for churches and palaces. In later centuries, wrought iron work became popular for door and window designs in Victorian homes. The traditional blacksmith techniques have been preserved and continue to be used today to craft modern wrought iron French doors and other architectural elements.
Beautiful Designs of Wrought Iron French Doors
Some key features of wrought iron French doors:
- Ornate grill work: Stylized grill patterns in the door panels create a delicate and intricate design that lets in light and airflow while maintaining privacy.
- Hand-forged details: Each door is crafted individually by hand using traditional blacksmith techniques to form the ornate design. No two doors will have identical patterns.
- Strong and durable: Wrought iron doors are built to last for generations thanks to the superior strength of the iron and the fusion of individual parts achieved through forging.
- Timeless appeal: The classic design and simple elegance of wrought iron doors never goes out of style. They offer your home a vintage, antique look that becomes more beautiful with age.
- Versatility: Wrought iron French doors can be customized with different design patterns to suit traditional or modern architecture and interior decor styles.
Wrought iron French doors add old-world charm, character and distinction to your entryways. Their intricate patterns cast beautiful shadows that dance as the light changes throughout the day. If you want doors that stand the test of time, wrought iron French doors could be the perfect choice for your home.