A wrought iron front door with a decorative transom and sidelights can dramatically improve the curb appeal and aesthetic value of your home. The ornate design and traditional craftsmanship of wrought iron doors create a beautiful entryway with plenty of natural light and ventilation.
What Is A Transom?
A transom is a horizontal window or opening above a doorway or window. Transoms allow natural light to filter into a room and provide additional ventilation. They are a common architectural feature in historic homes and buildings.
When paired with a wrought iron door, the decorative shape and grill pattern of the transom enhances the overall charm and visual interest of the entryway. Transoms above wrought iron doors often feature grill patterns that match or complement those on the door itself.
What Are Wrought Iron Door With Sidelights?
Sidelights are vertical windows positioned on either side of a door that frame the entrance. Like transoms, sidelights allow more light into a room and provide visual depth to the doorway.
Wrought iron doors with sidelights create a grand and inviting entryway. The sidelights can feature grill designs that match the door or follow a complementary pattern. The grill work on all three elements – door, transom and sidelights – together create a cohesive and visually pleasing composition.
Benefits Of Wrought Iron Doors With Transoms & Sidelights:
- The ornamental grill patterns on the door, transom and sidelights provide a consistent and elegant design that significantly upgrades the appearance of your home’s exterior.
- The transom and sidelights on either side of the wrought iron door allow significantly more natural light into the interior space, banishing dark entryways.
- The open designs of iron doors, transoms and sidelights promote cross ventilation and air circulation. This is especially helpful in warmer climates.
- Wrought iron doors and metal transoms/sidelights made of corrosion-resistant materials are built to last for decades with proper maintenance.
- While allowing light and air, the close fitting grill designs of an iron door and its transom/sidelights provide security against intruders.
If you want to transform your home’s entrance into a graceful and welcoming statement, consider installing a traditional wrought iron door with custom transom and sidelights. The ornate and timeless design will create a grand entryway and significantly increase the aesthetic appeal and resale value of your property.