Iron grill windows and doors add style, security and vintage charm to any home. They come in a variety of Simple Iron grill window door designs to complement different architectural styles. With so many design options and security benefits, iron grill windows and doors can beautifully enhance the look and security of your home. Here are some things to know about iron grill windows and doors.
Types Of Iron Grills
There are different types of iron grills based on the pattern and design:
- Plain Grill – This is the simplest design with straight vertical and horizontal bars in a grid pattern. It is ideal for maximizing visibility and airflow.
- Diamond Grill – This pattern features diamond-shaped openings formed by crossing straight bars at an angle. It creates a more decorative look.
- Wave Grill – In this design, the horizontal and vertical bars curve in a wave pattern to form flowing lines. It gives a more stylish and modern appearance.
- Floral Grill – This elaborate grill features curved bars forming floral and leaf patterns. It is more ornamental and visually interesting.
Style Of Iron Grills
The style of iron grills depends on the shape of the bars:
- Plain Bar Grill – These have straight, cylindrical bars of uniform thickness. They create a simple, classic look.
- Tapered Bar Grill – The bars taper gradually from bottom to top. They give a more refined, narrowing appearance.
- Twisted Bar Grill – The bars have a twisted or curved shape along their length. This adds a decorative touch.
Benefits Of Iron Grill Windows And Doors
Some key benefits of using iron grills on windows and doors are:
- The iron bars act as an effective barrier against would-be intruders, providing security.
- Despite the security the grills provide, their open pattern allows air to circulate while maintaining security.
- The decorative grill patterns give the home vintage charm and curb appeal, enhancing its aesthetics.
- Iron grills evoke the feel of classic, colonial-style architecture, imparting a traditional style.
- High-quality iron grills can endure for decades with minimal upkeep due to their durability.
- Grills can be customized in various patterns, bar shapes and sizes, offering customization.
- Iron grills tend to offer better value compared to other security options, making them budget-friendly.
Installation And Maintenance Tips
- Hire an experienced fabrication shop to create custom iron grills based on your requirements.
- Attach grills to windows and doors using strong hinges, fasteners and locking mechanisms.
- For windows, install the grill on the outside for best security and visibility.
- Apply a rust-inhibiting primer and coating of paint to protect iron grills and prolong their life.
- Regularly check all connections and fasteners for looseness and tighten them where required.
- Repaint the iron Grill every few years or when the old paint starts peeling off.
- Remove any surface rust as and when you notice it using sandpaper and rust remover.